High Management CPU usage

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

High Management CPU usage

L0 Member

I have noticed that one my PA 2020 boxes constantly has a very high Management CPU usage. Like now for instance where nobody apart from myself is logged onto it and I am not doing anything apart from just sitting on the dashboard, with my refresh set to manual as well, and the management CPU is sitting at 47%. During the daytime when 1 other Admin might be logged on if we are doing anything with the box that will go up to around 85 or even 100%.

Is this normal?

I have a second PA 2020 box that is used for checking upgrades but I had it online for a few weeks up til last week and I don't think I ever saw it go as high as that in the management CPU. Although it does have a slightly bigger hard drive on it which may or may not account for that.

6 REPLIES 6

L1 Bithead

What is the version of software you have installed in the PA 2020?

Currently running V 4.1.6. Although the same problem was happening when I was running V 4.1.3

L1 Bithead

Hi,

Connect the PA2020 in console port with de RS232 Cable, and you can see what messages send, few weeks ago i was have the similar problem with the PA5060 and the problem was the HDD, i report this to support and send a new HDD. now problem was solved.

But first you see messages the PA2020 send in the console port.

i wish this can help you.

Regards

Marco.

(sorry for my english is not so good)

L3 Networker

Opening a support case would be a good idea. Providing a tech support will give us the information we need to determine the root cause. Sometimes logging/indexing and reporting can cause high cpu even when you are not actively working on the device. (This depends on configuration).

I have done just that and opened a support case now. They have got me looking at the show system resource in there and although yes, it isn't as high as it was showing in the web interface (was showing as never dipping below 45%), it is still constantly going quite high. I have a second PA box and even when I was running it all through that one the resources were not showing as high usage.

But like I said, I have logged it with my support team so hopefully we will get to the bottom of it.

Many thanks for all those who offered advice.

Hi Slawek,

did the issue got fixed? then was the root cause and how they identified it?

Please help me even i am also facing the same issue.

Regards,

Gururaj

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!