Hosted Verizon PBX solution with phones behind a PA200; calls drop at exactly 15 minutes. Anyone else seeing this?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Hosted Verizon PBX solution with phones behind a PA200; calls drop at exactly 15 minutes. Anyone else seeing this?

L4 Transporter

We have a remote office with a PA200 and we are using VoIP phones that use a Verizon remote hosted PBX solution. Outbound VoIP calls drop at exactly 15 minutes... meaning any and all calls out drop at that exact time. We can pull reports and see that no call ever exceeds 15 minutes in length.

Has anyone else seen anything like this? initially I thought it might be a session timeout problem on the PA200, so for all the App-IDs I'm seeing outbound that are VoIP related I bumped up the session timeout to 8 hours, but this had no effect.

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Also this might not be the PA200's fault at all, it might be Verizon's PBX that's the problem, but of course Verizon is pointing fingers at us.

You can also follow the below thread, that pretty much summarizes the steps that you have taken

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/message/21286#21286

While it can be an issue with the PBX too, I was wondering if you have tried app overriding the VOIP traffic to see if it makes a difference?

Please follow the below link, that explains the steps to app override the VOIP traffic

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-3194

Although this solution is a quick fix, I recommend to open a case with the TAC for deeper investigation. Each vendor have their own way of implementing VOIP, and there are chances that they deviate from the RFC specifications, which causes interoperability issues.

BR,

Karthik RP

We're going to try to get one of the Verizon phones here at the corporate main office, and I'm going to try to connect it straight to an outside Internet connection just to see if the issue goes away. Then I'll plug it into a PA200 and see if I can recreate.

I thought about doing an app override for the VoIP related App-IDs I'm seeing (looks like SIP and RTCP), I just wanted to see if anyone else was seeing this before I did something like that.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!