How do I see what the value of variables on remote firewall from the command line?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How do I see what the value of variables on remote firewall from the command line?

L1 Bithead

I've had a problem when I change the value of a variable for a firewall in Panorama, for some reason it doesn't get pushed to the remote firewall.  I can log in to the GUI of the remote firewall to see the variable value where it's applied in the config.  
But, that takes a lot longer than if I could see it in the CLI.  

For example, I have a server value that I have applied as the destination for dhcp relay.  When I ssh to the remote firewall, I don't know how to find the value of that variable on that firewall.

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@vickif,

The way you would check any of this would be dependent on the vairable in the template you are changing, so you need to be comfortable with that and where things are located. 

For the example you gave; you can view this in configure mode by running 'show network dhcp interface <value> relay' . You can customize this a bit more by adding ip or ipv6 on the ent to retrieve just the values you care about, or leave it as is and grab both. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!