How do I white list an external IP address?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

How do I white list an external IP address?

L1 Bithead

I have a known external Nessus scanner that scans my external network every weekend. Every Monday morning, I've got hundreds of alerts due to these scans. I do not want to disable the scan alerting in general because if anyone else scans me, I want to know, but how can I whitelist these few specific IP addresses so I won't get all these alerts?  Anyone figured out how to do this?

I am running a pair of PA-3050s with PanOS8.0.4

Thank you for the help

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

You could create a security policy above others that would scan for threats. Add the IP addresses (you'll probably want to create an address group) and set the action to Allow. As long as it has no security profiles, you shouldn't see anything trigger from those IPs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

You could create a security policy above others that would scan for threats. Add the IP addresses (you'll probably want to create an address group) and set the action to Allow. As long as it has no security profiles, you shouldn't see anything trigger from those IPs.

Perfect. Thank you for your help

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!