How to add already configured FW to Panorama

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to add already configured FW to Panorama

Not applicable

I must be missing a step because I am able to add a FW that has no policies or virtual systems to Panorama, but when I try to add a FW that is already configured with rules and multiple virtual systems, Panorama just says "shared policy status" "Out of Sync" and will not say it is connected.  Is there a trick to get Panorama to allow me to add an already configured FW?

I found this statement in a KnowledgePoint link:  "Local (i.e. device-level) policies and rule objects are managed by accessing each respective device’s context within Panorama.  This doesn’t require an import…its just there."  So I would think I should be able to do this.

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

You must add the Panorama IP to the device under Device > Setup and add the devices SN to Panorama in Panorama > Managed Devices. A commit must be performed on both the device and Panorama.

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, those are the steps I followed but the Panorama will not accept my FW.  I can telnet from the FW to Panorama via port 3978, but I cannot get it to show "connected" on Panorama.  I thought it was related to the fact that the FW was already configured, but it is not since I can add other FW's that I put some configs on.  I also thought maybe it was a version issue. Panorama is 4.1.0 and the FW's are 4.0.1, but one connects, the other does not.  I guess I need to open a case with PA.

This sounds like a bug.

Please open a case with support.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!