How to Allow File Downloads from a Specific URL

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to Allow File Downloads from a Specific URL

L1 Bithead

Hello all,

Is there a way to allow file download/upload from a specific URL? We currently block most file downloads/uploads however we have specific website that users upload and download attachments toover https.

Thank you all for your help!

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

You would have to have a specific rule that is associated with a File Blocking profile, simply build a rule above that one without your File Blocking profile assigned and then it will work perfectly fine. 

That was my thoughts excatly, however I am not getting the desired behavior. I've create a new security poliy rule above the one that contains the default file blocking one...in this new rule I have file blocking profile set to none. For the second part of my qusestion, trying limit this rule to hit only on a specific URL I've done the following.

Create a new custom URL category called FileDownloadURLs, within that Custom URL category I've put in *.service-now.com which is the specific URL we want to allow file uploads and downloads. 

Now back to the security rule I created above, I've selected in URL Category section the "FileDownloadURLs" custom category Icreated.

Issue is when browsing to the site and tyring to upload, I am seeing in the threat logs it is being blocked by the security policy at the bottom? So it's not hitting the one I created.

Before I go more into this...Is this the best way to limit file downloads based on a single URL or domain?

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!