How to block file transfer for gmail and msn-fire-transfer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to block file transfer for gmail and msn-fire-transfer

L4 Transporter

Hi :

I have tried set SSL decryption for category "web-base-mail " .

And set the file-blocking profile --->applicatio:gmail-base ; file-type:any ; action:both block.

But it seem not work ,  how can I to do this ?

:smileyconfused:

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

L5 Sessionator

There is an open bug preventing some instances of msn-file-transfer.  If you are able to verify from the traffic logs that the PAN is indeed decrypting web-base-mail, please open a case with Support so they can determine if you are affected by the bug.

Thanks for your answer .

I will verify the traffic log for msn

How about gmail , how to block file transfer for gmail ?

You can block file transfers through gmail (I assume you mean google talk) by creating a policy and denying the application gtalk-file-transfer.

thanks,

Stephen

Hello, I have same problem with msn file transfer, can you tell me if the bug still apply with 3.1.2 panos version or if I configured something wrong.

regards

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!