How to configure multiple routes at once

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to configure multiple routes at once

L1 Bithead

Need to configure a firewall with the same 100+ routes that exist on another.

Is there a way to copy the routing table from one FW to another via CLI? Can I copy the "show routing route" output and configure multiple routes on another using this output? CLI example would be helpful.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

What routing protocol are you using? I am assuming static? Setting up OSPF might be an option? However here are a few ways to perform this.

1. Panorama templates

2. export the config xml file from PAN that has the routes, copy out the routes, export the xml config from the PAN you want to import the routes to, paste the routes into the proper area in the xml, upload it and commit.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

What routing protocol are you using? I am assuming static? Setting up OSPF might be an option? However here are a few ways to perform this.

1. Panorama templates

2. export the config xml file from PAN that has the routes, copy out the routes, export the xml config from the PAN you want to import the routes to, paste the routes into the proper area in the xml, upload it and commit.

Hope that helps.

L2 Linker

You may be able to do a copy and paste if the other firewall is a PAN.

Something like "show network virtual-router your-vr-here routing-table"

You may need to remove some data from the output. I also enabled the set output on the CLI, not sure if that makes a difference.

Thank you!

I ended up just saving the named configuration from the FW I wanted the routes from, saving the named configuration from the FW I wanted to copy routes to, copied routes inside the <static-route> </static-route> and pasted into the new FW's config and loaded this updated copy. Worked perfectly.

This worked perfectly, thanks.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!