How to handle outlook repeatedly retrying blocked file downloads

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to handle outlook repeatedly retrying blocked file downloads

L4 Transporter

In File Blocking Security Profile, I am blocking encrypted pdfs.  Looking at the Data Filtering Logs, every few seconds office365-enterprise-access application is trying to download encrypted pdf and it gets denied.  There also is not file name listed, so it's not clear how I can attribute this to a message and delete it.

How are other people handling this?

Is there a way to stop the constant retries without permitting download of encrypted pdfs?

With very limited exceptions, I don't want users to be able to download encrypted files.  If something is sensitive, I'd rather it was sent via a secure ftp site.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@fhewiufhwefhwe,

This will eventually fix itself as the message moves further down the users inbox and Outlook stops trying to pre-load the message to generate the message preview. There isn't any way I know of that you can stop this behavior in Outlook outside of turning preview off. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@fhewiufhwefhwe,

This will eventually fix itself as the message moves further down the users inbox and Outlook stops trying to pre-load the message to generate the message preview. There isn't any way I know of that you can stop this behavior in Outlook outside of turning preview off. 

Thanks, that makes sense.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!