Incoming Traffic from Palo Alto IP Address

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Incoming Traffic from Palo Alto IP Address

L1 Bithead

I have a customer who asked about traffic which he saw on his Firewall.

I looked in firewall logs from several others customers and find the same IP address. It is always a HTTP oder HTTPS connection.

The traffic is coming from the 70.42.131.170. According to several internet sources this IP address belongs to PaloAlto Networks

https://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/70.42.131.170

Because neither the PaloAlto Website or Google could gave me an answer on this and this not really worth a support case, i thought to place this question here.  I think this might be a web crawler or something like this?!

I hope someone can clearfy this

Regards.

15 REPLIES 15

L7 Applicator

Hi @Rags

Matrix! What TAC was trying to say was that they changed the matrix 😉

I would treat this IP as every other external IP. But if there is again something strange coming from there in the future, you directly know where to go/ask.

And: thank you for sharing this information here.

• 15 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!