Internet Traffic

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Internet Traffic

L0 Member

Hi Community,

This is my first message and hope I am in the right place. I am tasked with taking our single internet connection (4Gbps) and carve in two lanes.  One lane will service normal traffic; internet, vpn, remote access, telephony, etc. The second lane would be dedicated to send backups data to the cloud.  I'd like to take a 75/25 approach where 75% of the bandwidth is dedicated to normal traffic and 25% to backup traffic to the cloud.  I have some ideas in mind but was hoping to get pointed in the right direction. 

Thanks in advance,

DeeReal_99

3 REPLIES 3

L2 Linker

Hello @DarylMaurice, assuming I'm understanding your question correctly a setting up QoS would be your best bet. You could set up a QoS profile and set a class to a max of 25% (lets say class 3 for this example). With a QoS profile, any traffic not specified will be class 4.

bafergel_0-1631885593301.png

Under Network>QoS, click create and attach to your egress interface. In your case the Egress max would be 4000. Attach the QoS profile you just created to the clear text and/or tunnel interface. 

bafergel_1-1631885754118.png

You will also need to create a QoS rule to say what traffic you designate for what class. Under policies>QoS, select create. Say for example you create a rule with a destination of your cloud backup (we'll say 2.2.2.2). And under other settings select the class you want it to apply to (in this example, class 3).

bafergel_2-1631885925042.png

You can do this with other traffic you want identified, and again remember anything not specified by a qos rule will default to class 4. 

Let me know if this helps!

Network Administrator

L0 Member

Thanks Bafergel for the suggestion and going the extra mile with including steps (awesome!!!).  I will give this a whirl.

You're the best..  I will let you know how I make out..

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@DarylMaurice 

Also please read below url for Qos

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/qos-and-internet-traffic/m-p/194491#M58180

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!