Intial Setup Help

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Intial Setup Help

L0 Member

Hi everyone ... just bought a PA-200, and this is my first experience with this sort of device.  A little bit of a learning curve!

I am moving from a Barracuda Link Balancer.  This is my setup.

We have 5 public IP addresses, let's say for simplicity sake 173.61.106.10-14.  ISP gateway is 173.61.106.1.  We have FIOS and all 5 IPs come through 1 cable.  The cable goes into a switch.  One cable from the switch goes to the Barracuda.  The Barracuda manages IPs .10 .11 .12 on it's WAN port.  .13 goes to a Wifi device and .14 goes to our VOIP system.

We currently have traffic hitting all 3 public IPs on the Barracuda and being forwarded to our internal LAN.  I'd like to keep this as-is.

Couple of questions, because I've gotten conflicting info from the support people I have talked to thus far.

1.  Can you have multiple IP addresses on one interface, as I do above with the Barracuda?  If so, could I get some basic advise on how to set that up?  I've seen "use /32" and "use subinterface" and "you can't do that" on this discussion forum.  I'm hoping to get the final answer!

I think if I get the basics of how that would work, that will get me to my next questions.

Thanks in advance!

15 REPLIES 15

It is confusing, because you could use untagged subinterfaces to achieve the same thing. So there's more than one way to do it, which presents confusion Smiley Happy

• 15 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!