invalid syntax delete rulebase security rules (rulename)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

invalid syntax delete rulebase security rules (rulename)

L1 Bithead

Hello There,

I am running PA-OS 8.1.19. i attempt to delete a security policy via CLI, However, I get an error of Invalid Syntax. Does anyone know what did i miss.i looked at several docs and all indicate i am using a correct CLI command 

Login to the PAN via console (serial) 

PAN>configure

PAN#delete rulebase security rules LAN

Invalid Syntax.

[edit]

FYI i locked my self-out in PAN. the only way i can  access to the PAN is via console. 

If i can't delete the security rule, can I edit the security rule (LAN)? If yes, what is the correct CLI.

Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

L4 Transporter

@KurdTech This is the correct syntax. Is your account a superuser? 

You can also try disabling the rule: 

# set rulebase security rules LAN disabled yes

# commit

L7 Applicator

as per @batd2 , looks fine.  perhaps see which part of the line it does not like ..

"?" to see if delete is listed..

"delete ?"  ---to see if rulebase is listed.

"delete rulebase ?"  ---to see if security listed...

"delete rulebase security ?"  ---etc etc ....  to see which part failing...

Hi @KurdTech ,

Is this firewall managed by Panorama or it is locally managed?

Hello Alexander,

its managed locally. i was able to resolve the issue by accessing PAN via MGMT interface 

Hello Batd2,

thank you for your reply. Yes, my account have supper user privilege. i was able to resolve the issue by resetting the MGMT interface and access pan. 

Just for the future use, i will keep it in mind

Hello Mickball,

that's correct, i already try that and follow each path just to find a right syntax, couldn't fine it. 

SSHPAN.JPG

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!