Is it possible to change the target email where my 2fa email goes to?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Is it possible to change the target email where my 2fa email goes to?

L1 Bithead

I have a sso.paloaltonetworks.com account that is associated with our who PA firewalls. 
The 2fa six digit code goes to an email address that only I have access to, but I want to change where the six digit code gets sent to, so it gets sent an email address that my entire team has access to.  
So, is it possible to change the target email address where the 2fa code goes to?  I would disabled 2fa entirely but it seems sso.paloaltonetworks.com enforces you to have 2fa enabled.  I would even be fine with changing what email address we use to log in with, if that is possible..  
In the sso.paloaltonetworks.com account settings you can see an option to change your personal information, but if you click edit it doesn't let you change anything..

Just wonder, thanks.  

Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 12.59.41 PM.png

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@AndrewPaloAlto,

If you're trying to create a shared account, I would personally just do that under your customer account on the support portal. Create a user that everyone shares and assign it an email address that everyone has access to; you won't be able to change where the MFA emails go to associated with your existing account.

Personally, I would highly recommend that you actually setup a support account for anyone that needs access and give them the appropriate permissions instead of creating a shared account.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!