Map IP Addresses to Users - Azure-AD Cloud Identity User ID

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

L4 Transporter

Good afternoon, thank you for your time and cooperation.

I understand that it is possible to apply the Mapping of groups, etc, but example:

If I have Workstations integrated to Azure AD totally in cloud, no on-premises AD server, none, just added to the domain in Azure of the endpoints, is it possible to have User ID- Map IP Addresses to Users in this kind of environments ? where everything is practically in Cloud ? The idea is to be able to just like on-premises environments, where you can map the IP to the user, through the AD/LDAP server, to have the same but through Azure.

Is it possible and technically feasible ?

Thank you, I remain attentive

Best regards

High Sticker
2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @Metgatz ,

I agree.  More and more companies are moving to Azure, and it would be very nice to have an easy way to get user-to-ip mappings.  Digging into the CIE docs, it looks like the authentication portal is recommended there.  That doesn't really work well for non-web apps.

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

@Metgatz I am assuming you are having remote users who have Azure AD joined systems. This is what I have been wanting in our environment, mapping external IP addresses authenticated to Azure AD. I don't think CIE does that. It just pulls the user/group information as this is the only scope that is given to the application in Azure.

Other method would be to use authentication policies but I am waiting for input from the community if exposing external interface for response pages to be exposed on the external interface is seen as an issue or not. I think threat would be of the same level as exposing Global Protect portal to publicly.

@TomYoung  What do you think of it

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!