Monitoring Palo Firewalls using System Center Operations Manager

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Monitoring Palo Firewalls using System Center Operations Manager

L0 Member

Hey Guys, before I get boo'ed and suggestion of more featured products to monitor palo devices (pano, something or rather dominated googles results) but...our main objective with monitoring our environment, is single pane for monitoring/alerting etc, and SCOM has fit the bill quite nicely.  The past 6-12months we've looked at, and started implementing palo firewalls (PA200) in replacement for the cisco gear thats currently there.  I cannot find any SCOM management packs for palo devices, so before I go writing my own and possibly reinventing the palo wheel, I thought I'd thow it out to the palo community.  I've found the question on microsoft's technet forums, but no replies other than "let me know if your find one" 🙂  Would appreciate borrowing someones work before emabarking on this dark road 😛

Cheers

Jon

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

I am not aware of anything that fits that need...... other than Panorama, which was created to manage the FWs.

It is another product from PANW, but may be work taking a look at it, vs needing to do all your upcoming programming/scripting/debugging needed.

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

You can setup the PAN to use snmp v3 (yes i recommend v3 over v2) and see what options are available then? I would then say it all depends on what you are looking to monitor. I use a different product and it can grab all the basics, CPU, memory, disk, interfaces, utilization, etc.

Sorry I dont have a more definitive answer for you.

Regards,

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!