Multiple ISP with PalAlto

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Multiple ISP with PalAlto

L0 Member

Hello,

I am setting up a new firewall stack with a new configuration that I have never tested and I have a few questions:

I have 3 ISPs that I want to configure as follows:

• 2 ISPs in active-active (so I'll have 2 routes 0.0.0.0/0 with equal cost)

• The third ISP will be used for a single use case, should I use the ECMP option with 3 Max Path (for the FIB table) and 3 NAT rules (one per ISP) or should I just use 2 Max Path of equal cost and configure the 3 ISP with a route to the exact destination and a NAT rule for this use case?

• What is the best Load Balance option for ECMP in my use case? A balanced Round Robin?

• I've created an aggregation group (LACP) with 3 sub-interfaces for the 3 ISPs, is this recommended or will it cause me problems? The 3 ISPs will be connected to a Cisco switch for redundancy.

• How does the DNS Proxy work in this case? Do I need to create a single DNS Proxy with the primary DNS of ISP1 and the secondary DNS of ISP2?

Thanks in advance

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!