Name of the supported syslog servers for (PA 2050 device) complete log storage including config and system logs .

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Name of the supported syslog servers for (PA 2050 device) complete log storage including config and system logs .

L4 Transporter

Hi All,.

which all the syslog servers can be used to complete log storage including config and system logs.

Thank you,

Regards,

Gururaj

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Sorry, but this question isn't really answerable... there's not a "specific list of supported devices" that I'm aware of. If the device that you're capturing syslog messages with can receive standard syslog events, then it's supported.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Sorry, but this question isn't really answerable... there's not a "specific list of supported devices" that I'm aware of. If the device that you're capturing syslog messages with can receive standard syslog events, then it's supported.

L0 Member

As stated above, you can send syslog information out to any device that supports standard syslog out formatting etc.  I haven't yet been made aware of any single list of supported devices myself either.   The quickest way is to configure the box, and test the solution.  You can also add "custom logging formats" in the configuration if necessary.

As long as your syslog server who will receive the syslog stream from your PA is compliant for the syslog RFCes then it should work without any troubles.

A sidenote is that the default logging format for PA is in CSV mode. So in case your syslog server does some kind of analysis of the incoming syslog stream you will most likely need to manually conifure each log format with spaces as delimiter instead of the default comma.

Check this document for information of the order which the default log format uses of each variable:

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!