Not showing custom URL categories in the traffic Logs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Not showing custom URL categories in the traffic Logs

L3 Networker

Hello guys,

In the detailed log view of traffic logs in the Category field I see always "any". I´ve never had URL filtering license so I created a custom URL category for filtering some URLs. I just would like to know why I´m no seeing in the logs the URL custom category I created and I always see "any" as category. Any idea??

Many thanks in advance. Kind Regards,

Marcos.

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

Have you applied the url filtering profile in the security policy? You should see in the traffic logs and in the url filtering logs. For url which fall under the custom url category for those you should get the URL category and for others not-resolved.

Trafficlogs.png

URL filtering logs.png

Hope this helps!

L5 Sessionator

Try creating a custom url category and include some http website into that. Create a url filtering profile set the action for the custom url category as alert. Create a new test policy for a test url and call the new url filtering profile. Access webiste which fall under the custom url category. Clear all the session of that test user " clear session all filter source 10.50.242.180" and then check the logs.

Hope this helps!

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

When you create a custom category, the default action in your url profile is "Allow" mean no log.

change it to "Alert" then it should be logged.

Hope help.

V.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!