PA blocking returned traffic!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA blocking returned traffic!!!

L2 Linker

Hi,

I've deployed PA-500 recently, and I'm experiencing an interesting situation.

PA-500 is deployed in virtual-wire, and I'm filtering only my main ISP connection (ISP 1). The connection for ISP 2 goes directly to the router.

We have a web server, which accepts requests from users through ISP2, and replies back but the router sends the replies through ISP1 (as it is the default connection). This returned traffic is block from PA-500, even though I applied a policy rule to allow everything from inside to outside.

Please if you can provide a solution to this issue.

Below is a diagram visualizing the problem.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Hi,

Try creating a new Zone Protection profile (in Network -> Network Profiles).

In the new profile set the "Reject Non-SYN TCP" to no.

Apply this zone profile to your zone - sorry can't remember if it will be the internal or external zone!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

Hi,

Try creating a new Zone Protection profile (in Network -> Network Profiles).

In the new profile set the "Reject Non-SYN TCP" to no.

Apply this zone profile to your zone - sorry can't remember if it will be the internal or external zone!

Thanks a lot ajbool, it is working Smiley Happy. I had to apply it on the internal zone.

Regards,

-B

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!