Hello, I want to know about End-of-Sale of PA5000 series firewall (Hardware). I refer from https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/services/support/end-of-life-announcements/hardware-end-of-life-dat... , that shown only 4000 series. And recommend software version for this appliance.
So far there is no end of sale announcement for the pa5000 series.
Quote from the end of life policy:
For hardware platforms, the following End-of-Life policy applies
- Palo Alto Networks will provide 6 months notice prior to a product's end of sale, at which time the product will no longer be available for order.
- Palo Alto Networks will provide technical assistance for a period of 5 years following the End-of-Sale date, provided a valid service contract is maintained on the product.
- Software will continue to be supported per the below software policy. In addition, the last feature release available on the hardware platform in EOL will continue to be supported for the duration of the hardware EOL support. Software support may include technical support, bug fixes, maintenance releases, workarounds, and patches for critical bugs.
- Hardware replacement or replacement parts will be available for 5 years following the End-of-Sale date, provided a valid service contract is maintained on the product. At Palo Alto Networks discretion, hardware may be replaced with similar or equivalent product.
- A product must be covered on a support contract as of the End-of-Sale date to be eligible for renewal. Support contracts may be renewed for the duration of the End-of-Life cycle, but cannot lapse during this time and be reinstated later.
The end-of-sale date has not been announced for the 5000 series. If you would like to know if/when Palo Alto plans to EOS this hardware you would need to contact your SE and see if he can get you roadmap information under a NDA. Since this would be considered 'roadmap' this would be the only way to possibly get the information you are requesting without a public notice published by Palo Alto.
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!
These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!
The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!