Palo PA-415 on High-availability but Wireless access points only have 1 network port.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Palo PA-415 on High-availability but Wireless access points only have 1 network port.

L2 Linker

So I have a very small site and PA-415 seems like a idea firewall to that, but we have a company policy which we have to have a HA on a firewall. 

I'm trying to not to use a switch given that PA-415 have a 8 poe ports. issues APs we use only have 1 ethernet port. Is there a way to do HA on this scenario. I'm trying to get an AP with 2 network ports that will be the easier solution. any thing I can do with Palo to make it work ? 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@din100,

You're either going to need an access point with two ports or a switch to front those connections. Short of having an active/passive AP(s) there's not really another way to handle this. I would highly advise to just use a switch to front-end these since that makes everything cleaner anyways. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@din100,

You're either going to need an access point with two ports or a switch to front those connections. Short of having an active/passive AP(s) there's not really another way to handle this. I would highly advise to just use a switch to front-end these since that makes everything cleaner anyways. 

L2 Linker

Thank you, that is what I thought unless a way making the 2nd one as a standby box of some sort.  I'm looking for a AP with 2 ports or like you said put a switch in 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!