PAN auto discover domain server on Server Monitoring in User Mapping

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN auto discover domain server on Server Monitoring in User Mapping

L3 Networker

My device only setup User Identification with LDAP server and now disable. But it always discover the all domain server in the network automatically.

I want to stop discover function, please show me how and where to configure?

Thanks so much

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

Quickest way is to remove 'Domain' information in Setup:

Device Tab -> Setup -> Management -> Domain

Commit changes.

Hi Nato

Thank for your answer. It is so helpful,

My system have many servers, but it only found four servers and add them in to Server Monitoring.

I want to know the reason, Which is the criteria using for discovering ?

You have more experiences for palo alto, please share !

Thanks

Hi,

If you're using the agentless UID on the PA device, auto discovery would be feasible if domain information is configured on the PAN. If you're using actual UID agents on your LAN (ip-user-mapping done on Agent instead of PAN), you don't need to concern yourself with the discovery of ADs in your environment. I'll need to scour for more data if you wish to know what the prerequisites are for auto discover of DCs in your network. Just don't know it off hand.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!