PAN-DB URL Filtering activation problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN-DB URL Filtering activation problem

L3 Networker

Hi All!

i am trying to activate URL Filtering from PAN-DB, but i have problems.

I upload the license manually and i haven't error, but when i try to download the database this error appear:"URL database download: not available."

Then i do the "Retrieve license keys from license server", but this error appear:"Failed to fetch licenses. Failed to get license info. Please try again later."

The update server is correctly configured (updates.paloaltonetworks.com) and i tried to change the service rooute using external interface, but nothing changed.

Have you got any advice?

It is a PA-200 with PAN-OS 8.0.1

Regards,

Daniele

9 REPLIES 9

L6 Presenter

Hi,

Are you trying to migrate from BrightCloud to PAN-DB?

> show system info

> show system setting url-database

Very useful link:

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/60/pan-os/pan-os/url-filtering/troubleshoot-url-filte...

Hi,

yes, i'm migrating from BrightCloud to PAN-DB.

Regards,

Daniele

Hi,

i think i have found the root of the issue: DNS querys goes aged-out.

Regards,

Daniele

They will be aging out as it is UDP protocol.

can you ping from your firewall:

> ping host s0300.urlcloud.paloaltonetworks.com

Do you get resolution?

hi,

no, the result is "host unknown"

Regards,

Daniele

Can you ping any other host out the Internet? google.com

Do you use mgmt interface for DNS queries or another ?

Hi,

i tryed to ping google, but the problem is with connectivity, even if i ping 8.8.8.8 don't work

Regards,

Daniele

First make sure your Layers 1, 2 and 3 are good. So you can ping your default gateway or you can use your external interface ip in the service route options.

• 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!