Problems with admin accounts in high availability (active - passive).

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

L0 Member

Hi:

I have problems with the firewall administration accounts when it is in High Availability. In this case, it only lets me log in to one of the firewalls, it can be in the active or passive one, but never in both. The only user that allows logging in to both firewalls is the "ADMIN" user, which password was set on both computers before the HA fix.

Please, could you help me with what could be happening?

My firewall data:

Software version 10.2.7-h8 - Model: 440.

Thank you for your contribution.

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @lanchiraico

when an account fails to authenticate what error do you see in system logs under: Monitor > Logs > System ?

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Hi @PavelK :

Thank you for your response, I attach the requested events as you can see with the same user "admin_pcm" I can only log in to a single firewall.

Active firewall login logs:

lanchiraico_1-1726362415861.png

Pasive firewall login logs:

lanchiraico_2-1726362449799.png

Thank you for your contribution.

Leonardo

Hi Lan,

As per the logs, In the Auth fail firewall, If you see the logs it says there is no Auth Profile has configured for loding. Verify the running config is sync in both firewall. 

And verify the auth profile for the account. 

Edsnow
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!