PANOS 6.1 Related Log Detail View Enhancements

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PANOS 6.1 Related Log Detail View Enhancements

L4 Transporter

Greetings all!

I have updated several PAN firewalls to 6.1. Today, I noticed this entry on page 5 of the guide:

Related Log Detail View Enhancements

To make it easier to correlate log information from a session, you can now click through

the related logs in the Detailed Log View without closing the window and switching views.

You can switch between the URL Filtering, Threat, Traffic, and Data Filtering logs

associated with a session and the Detailed Log View window will dynamically update to

display pertinent information for the selected log

I am not readily seeing how to do this on a 6.1 system. Can someone point me in the right direction?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Hello SDorsey ,

From PAN OS 6.1.0 onwards, you can just select the relates logs with a session associated with it and the log view window will give you the respective detail information, without going to the specific TAB under Monitor > Logs >.

For example: I have select "traffic" and the window is giving me a details information about  session with session end reason etc.

6.1.0-logs.jpg

If you select "THREAT", the same window will provide you detail information about threat logs for the same session ( Session ID: 3662)

6.1.0-logs-1.jpg

Hope this helps.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Hello SDorsey ,

From PAN OS 6.1.0 onwards, you can just select the relates logs with a session associated with it and the log view window will give you the respective detail information, without going to the specific TAB under Monitor > Logs >.

For example: I have select "traffic" and the window is giving me a details information about  session with session end reason etc.

6.1.0-logs.jpg

If you select "THREAT", the same window will provide you detail information about threat logs for the same session ( Session ID: 3662)

6.1.0-logs-1.jpg

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Thank you much sir!

Thank you SDorsey.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!