I have a couple of queries.
1. Currently the customer is using Redundant interface in Juniper, we will be migrating to PA. One interface is connected to a router 1 for internet and another interface is connected to a different router for data. How can we tackle it ? PBF is the suggested solution or is there any other way by which we can do this.
2. I have a query on Configuration migration. Do we have any tool for migrating configuration from Juniper SSG to PA ?
I read about expedition which is running on Ubuntu machine. Do we have anything for windows machine ?
3. Regarding DNS Security, will it check for the local domains ?
4. Do you have any idea about memory in PA-3220 ? I have checked in Datasheet and couldn't find that information.
Thanks in advance. Stay safe.
for 1. policy based forwarding will give you most control and the ability to dynamically switch traffic if one link fails. an alternative is to set separate virtual routers, or set unique routes for the more specific data paths on a single VR... depends a bit on how well defined the destinations are
2. the migration tool "expedition" will help you there : https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/expedition-migration-tool/ct-p/migration_tool
3. dns security will check all domain requests that pass through it and hit a rule with anti spyware enabled. only domains that are marked as malicious should trigger a reaction, so theoretically tht should not be a problem since a) your users should do lookups internally and b) hopefully your domains aren't flagged as malware
4. what are you looking for in regards to memory? the management plane has 16gb, but there's no way for you to interact with that (> show system resources )
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The Live Community thanks you for your participation!