Recommendation for creating exception rule for network traffic intended for Netsuite.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Recommendation for creating exception rule for network traffic intended for Netsuite.

L0 Member

Hello, I have a Next Gen PA firewall and I am looking for suggestions on creating an exception rule for traffic intended for the Netsuite cloud. I looked up the Netsuite documentation and they recommend creating '*.netsuite.com' in firewalls because their system uses a range of dynamic IP addresses to accommodate the various Netsuite services. Some IP addresses are also used by the partner CDN providers, where the IP addresses could change.

Unfortunately, I cannot add an exception policy with a wildcard. Can someone suggest the best option?

1 REPLY 1

L7 Applicator

Hi @ColinT 

If the cloudprovider does not publish any IP addresses you could create a custom URL category which contains *.netsuite.com qnd add this custom URL category directly into the security policy rule (this does not require URL filtering subscription). If this cloudservice is hosted maybe in another cloud like goole, azure or amazon you could further restrict the access by adding the IP addresses of this cloudprovider - even if these are many IP addresses, it's still better than allowing every IP in the internet.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!