Reset an interface to initial state of Not configured

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Reset an interface to initial state of Not configured

L2 Linker

Hi,

just starting up with my first PaloAlto device, and have a simple question for which I don't seem to find a solution in the documentation. By default, the interfaces of a new firewall are are unconfigured, i.e. the GUI shows their status as "not configured and down". However, if any change of config is made, it seems to be impossible to get the interface back to that state. I know that I can Link State as "down", but that's not what I'm looking for, because it still shows the interface in alarming red color in the GUI, and the status for it is "configured but down". I'd like to see the unused interfaces as "not configured". Is there a way to reset interfaces to unconfigured state?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Can you please navigate to Network-Interface select the interface and click on the delete option below:-

t3.PNG.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L5 Sessionator

Can you please navigate to Network-Interface select the interface and click on the delete option below:-

t3.PNG.png

L6 Presenter

you may also use

delete network interface ...........

in configure mode.

L2 Linker

I don't know what to say, I must be blind... I played with this literally hours, and didn't see that Delete button. I even tried that command line command proposed by panos. It resulted in:

Server error : ethernet1/3 cannot be deleted because of references from:

import -> network -> interface

[edit]

admin@PA-3020#

But anyway, the delete button in GUI did what I needed, thanks a lot.

Been there, done that! Smiley Happy

Last it was searching for how you search in a particular folder (and below) in win7 (previously one could rightclick and select search)... turned out the damn search box is located by default in the top right in explorer nowadays 😃

thanks for this. However @Palo Alto, I find this ambiguous. Once pressed, it says "delete interface entry" which sounds rather more ominous than "remove interface config"

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!