Restoring a saved configuration to new hardware

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Restoring a saved configuration to new hardware

L1 Bithead

I'm getting together information for an upcoming disaster recovery test at our DR vendor's location and I'll be bringing up a PA firewall. I was curious if there is information about version compatibility. For example we are currently on version 9.0.4 and I'm exporting the named configuration candidate-configuration, the latest configuration version, and the device state and saving those externally to the FW. I'm not sure what version is on the hardware at the DR facility so I'm curious under what versions I could install my config? As long as my hardware is up to version 9.0 would i be good to restore? Thanks in advance.

Billy 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

I would highly recommend that the versions are the same. Even PAN says to do that, e.g. step 2.

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClaOCAS

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

I would highly recommend that the versions are the same. Even PAN says to do that, e.g. step 2.

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClaOCAS

Regards,

Thanks for the link. I had not seen this document before. I had searched and found the Restoring the Config and Backing up the Config docs but this is more through for what I'm wanting to know.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!