Service to Application for more than 100 policies

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Service to Application for more than 100 policies

L4 Transporter

Hello Experts

I have more than 100 policies on PA firewall with service ports and application any. Manually identifying the application for each rule from logs and creating the rule with specific application on top of that rule, is really time consuming and lot of work required. Is there any good way from Panorama or any other script or tool, I can use for this purpose?

Regards,

GR

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hello Ghostrider,

The migration tool can be used for achieving this. You can hook the tool up to your firewall and it will review your logs/rules in order to suggest app-id policies for you.

All information on the migration tool can be found here:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Migration-Tool/ct-p/migration_tool

hope this helps,

Ben

Hello Ben

Thanks for the reply. I am managing firewalls through Panorama. So in this case I have to integrate the Panorama into migration tool? But I am wondering this will not impact any thing because Panorama is in production.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!