Setting up Panorama as a log collector

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Setting up Panorama as a log collector

L4 Transporter

Hi

I have tried reading and following some of the manuals and well.... argh.

So I have 1 HA cluster of PA-3060 and 1 VM panorama.

I have upped the spec of the vm - to allow me to change into panorama mode. I have added a 100G SCSI drive sdb added it as a log disk (can't remember what I did for that)

What I have done is

on Panorama VM 

panorma / managed collectors

I have setuop collector group - used the serial number from panorama.

added in the disk from above as disk pair A

Comms - nothing set here.

panorma / collectors group

I created a group and added in the above collector, set retention to min 31 days. 253G total but only 12G free ??? what happened to my 100G of extra space ...

on my PAs = pa-1 , pa-2

device / setup / management

panorama servers -> this is set to FQDN and secure is unset

objects / log forwarding 

I added one and selected each type and told it to send all log via panorama 

I have left it for a while and still nothing on the panorama box

I have just checked the panorama box

I have a tick on connected and a RED on status and ring version mismatch on detail (config) 

run time - statuc disconnected

What do I have to do ??

I want to look at monitor as a consolidated view in panorama instead of having to look at each pa

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

L2 Linker

Hi. At first I would take care that the Panorama is able to connect to your firewall.

Did you commit the configuration to Panorama after you add the SN from your PA as a managed device?

Did you commit your configuration on the firewall after you add the Panorama IP?

Is your firewall able to resolve the FQDN of the Panorama if you use FWDN instead of IP address for Panorama configuration

If you have configured permited IP addresses for management on the firewall, add the Panorama IP to that list

Is the Panorama MGMT within the same network as the firewall MGMT? If not, is there for examlpe a firewall in between that has to allow the traffic?

Hope thats help.

Best regards, Markus

L7 Applicator

Did you, in addition to committong the configuration to panorama, also push the configuration to the local log collector?

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!