Some questions relate to mail exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Some questions relate to mail exchange

Not applicable

Hi All,

I'm having a trouble about test public a mail exchange server when making POC for my customer, I have configured nat and set policies for some applications such as : smtp, pop3, imap, ms-exchange, ssl, web-browsing But when testing outside to access into http://webmail.testlab.com, user logged-in successful without showing to content of mail exchange. Please help me to solve this matter if you have any configuration documents which relate to this above matter.

Thanks a lot.

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

You probably need to open a support ticket for this issue.  Have you used the command  "show session all filter source <IP_addr>"  to see the sessions created by the client and the mail server?  Did you use "show session id XXXX) to see the details of the session? Is the traffic being processed by the correct NAT and security rules? You should enable a sniffer on the web server to see if the traffic is even arriving and to verify the return traffic is being sent and sent to the correct next hop.

You can also creat a packet filter for the mail server address and then check the global statistics while applying the packet filter to see if there is anything suspicious about the traffic flows. Focus on the "drop" and "warning" catagories.

debug dataplane packet-diag set filter match source <IP>

debug dataplane packet-diag set filter match destination <IP>
debug dataplane packet-diag set filter on
debug dataplane packet-diag show setting

Run tis command to set the counters to 0. The run it again every 5-15 seconds to see the changes.

show counter global filter packet-filter yes delta yes

Steve Krall

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!