TeamViewer restrict unsupervised access

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

TeamViewer restrict unsupervised access

L0 Member

Hey everyone,

i got a question from one of our customers, described below:

Constellation:
PC1 (At home, with internet-access)  <-->  PA-firewall  <-->  PC2 (at office, TeamViewer-controllable)

Now, to the question. The costumer wants to restrict the access on PC2, so that PC1 can only connect when PC2 explicitely granted access (from a user sitting in front of it) but not when Team.V is set to "automatically allow connections" to PC2.

Til here no problem, that would be one simple setting on PC2.

The problem here is, PC2 is in an unsafe location, theoretically, everyone has access to it and could change TeamV.-settings to gain access to PC2 without confirmation.

Is there any way to restict the PA to just let TeamV.-traffic only pass when PC2 has explicitely granted (from a user sitting in front of it) access to control it?

Thanks in advance

Julius

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

I'm almost positive that it's a software setting that simply accepts all connections automatically if allowed, teamviewer doesn't sperate ports for auto-connect or anything like that. I'm not positive but I would say that this isn't do-able from a firewall prospective. 

I'm pretty sure that the TeamViewer applicaiton if purchased for commercial use can be locked down so that this option cannot be enabled if I'm not mistaken however; I would try that route. 

Thanks for your reply, we'll test this today.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!