Traffic logs not showing since last PA update to 11

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traffic logs not showing since last PA update to 11

L1 Bithead

Hello,

Sorry I'm a web developper not a OS nor PA expert. The University I work for started using PA 1 year ago and everything was fine. Then my boss upgraded PA to 11 + rebooted 2 weeks ago or so and since then, the traffic logs are missing. And -as you can guess- we need them badly at the moment.

My boss says it is not a licensing problem ; nor a time-linked one : he tried with no success

debug software restart log-receiver

then

debug software restart process log-receiver

We can't google-find a traffic log problem related to this PA update though, that's puzzling.

Do you have an idea about what could be done to get our traffic logs back ?

Thank you a lot for any help you could provide

Best wishes,

susana

4 REPLIES 4

L5 Sessionator

Which PAN-OS version are you using? It should be in the form 11.x.y. (need info for x and y)

Hi Emr_1,

Just asked my boss, its 11.0.1h4

Thank you already for reading my message...

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

susana

Thanks. The reason I asked you is that one of my customers said same issue and TAC concluded he was hitting PAN-236120.

According to release note, PAN-236120 is fixed in 11.0.3-h5.

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/11-0/pan-os-release-notes/pan-os-11-0-3-known-and-addressed...

So, you can upgrade your box to 11.0.3-h5 or above, and then see how it goes.

L1 Bithead

Hi Emr_1,

Oh Thank you !! I'm going to tell that to my boss, he will try it and I will by all means give you the feed back.

If the issue dissapears i'll mark your post.

Many thanks !

Have a nice day,

Best regards,

susana

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!