Unable to license PAVM 30days Evaluation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Unable to license PAVM 30days Evaluation

L2 Linker

Hi Folks,

i like to try the new opportunity from Palo Alto to test the PAN VM for 30days. But for me it seems that this is the standard VM without any license.

So here we go:

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/vm-series-trial

Sounds for me like a full featured PAN VM to try all the nice things.

I tried to ESX and QEMU Images. At both versions i stuck at the licencing step

florianhahner_0-1634026365798.png

This error occurs after click on "retrieve license keys from license server"

Also, im not able to download anything (Global Protect, Dynamic Update oder Device Firmware)

florianhahner_1-1634026506686.png

Point 1 -> Installation PAYG license for KVM Market place prefetched license failed (null)

What does this mean ?

Point 2-> Retrieving Content IoT info failed with error "the Pan-OS ... no longer eligble for updates. Please update..."

So, what are the correct step to start the 30 days evaluation ?

Best Regards

Florian

10 REPLIES 10

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@florian.hahner,

Your license page appears to have the eval licenses listed where it should. Have you restarted since tried to apply the license the first time, because if not try restarting. Ignore the PAYG fetched license error, it's not applicable to what you are trying to do. 

I gestartet the VM several times. The Error remains. Which license i have to apply? After download I got no license from PaloAlto.

Best regards ,

Florian

L2 Linker

Someone here, who can help me with this problem? I cannot believe that Palo offers the 30days try option when the advertised product is not tryable.

L1 Bithead

Hi Florian.Hahner,

Did you get the solution for this issue?

I am also facing the same issue.

Thanks

Hi,

no solution yet. I still waiting for Palo Alto to give a proper answer for my question.

L2 Linker

It seems that Palo Alto changed the way to gain access to the evaluation files. Now they check your registration data and manually approve your request. I still waiting for a positive reply from them. Stay tuned....

L0 Member

I have the same issue. Open a case with CSP, and they tell me that "spin" has not been executed correctly. No VMs are shown in the Assets pannel. 

Some workaround to license the VM ?

I have the same issue. Open a case with CSP, and they tell me that spin has not been executed correctly. No VMs are shown in the Assets pannel. 

Some workaround to license the VM ?

L0 Member

Hi, do you have any reply from PA regarding this issue? Thanks

L0 Member

Here something new? Stuck at same problem.

• 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!