UserID Exclude Not Working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

UserID Exclude Not Working

L4 Transporter

Hi,

I have a problem where the 'User ID Exclude List' setting within the Zone setup on a Palo is not working.

I have set my UserID agents to collect events from all IP addresses, then want to filter them on the PA itself as this seems the most logical sequence.  I initially only added the objects to the 'Include' list that I wanted to collect ID's from (Desktops) but it still pulled back user ID's from the servers, so I added specifi objects to the 'Exclude' section.  This too failed.  I have tried multiple combinations of include/excludes, using PA objects and direct IP subnets, and all fail - if the data is on the UserID agent cache, it is pulled into the firewall.

Has anyone else seen this? Am I misunderstanding this feature - even though the Help section is explicit in saying this is what it's for?

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

Hi...After you enter the IPs into the Exclude List, did you commit for the change to take effect?  Also, you may want to clear the user cache via the CLI.

admin@PA-2050> clear user-cache
> all   Clear all ip to user cache in data plane
> ip    Clear the specified ip to user cache in data plane

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, change committed on the Palo, user cache cleared via the CLI and Palo agents restarted for good measure.

None of the above stop IP addresses that are either explicitly excluded, nor implicity excluded, from being registered with the PA.

Smiley Sad

Please open a case with support to have it reviewed in more details.  Thanks.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!