Using Netflow v9 in a Active/Active cluster

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Using Netflow v9 in a Active/Active cluster

L2 Linker

I configured a Netflow profile and associated it with a "Untrust" Interface on my active Machine in my setup.

I was surprised seeing that the second Active machine got this assotiation too. So I accume both machines are sending to the same receiver and to the same port.

I'm new to Netflow and my question is: How does the receiver distinguish which data is coming from which server?

Both IFs are sending to UDP 2055.

Do I have to send each Flow to a different port on the Flow-Receiver?

Roman

1 REPLY 1

L6 Presenter

Hi RKRa,

In Active/Active set up both box remains active. One is Active-Primary and other is Active-Secondary. Data Interface for bot boxes processes traffic.

Hence if anything is configured on those interfaces its active for both the devices.

However, Newflow source traffic should be different for both the box. I think you can distinguish based on source IP.

Regards,

Hardik SHah

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!