what OS is PA built on

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

what OS is PA built on

L4 Transporter

Does security management require alot of linux, unix and ubuntu knowledge and software?s

15 REPLIES 15

@reaper

The size of the team is two and they were taking from the systems administration group and still have full access to everything on the network.  But in previous the security people as you said relied on reporting tools and woked with the admins to correct the security issues they did not have the access to make changes on the systems.

I have been the primary person dealing with the security related to the Palo alto

I like your anecdote it certainly makes a point in my question concerning linux and security.

I do think that it is interesting that the PA is based on a version of linux and most of the time whe TAC remotes in they prefer the CLI to the GUI interface for troubleshooting

• 15 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!