Where can I download db data (PAN-DB)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Where can I download db data (PAN-DB)

L3 Networker

Hello~

for the first time I use url-filtering from PAN-DB and OS 5.0.4

so I have to choice regions

I've been living in korea

and so Does I choose APAC regions?

If url-cloud choose APAC regino

Dose PA Device perform update or searching on APAC URL Cloud?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

The current supported regions are: APAC, North-America, and Japan

A seed database is downloaded from one of the PAN-DB cloud serversto initially populate the local caches. Each

regional seed database contains the top URLs from that region

Ref : https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-4123

Regards,

Ameya

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L5 Sessionator

The current supported regions are: APAC, North-America, and Japan

A seed database is downloaded from one of the PAN-DB cloud serversto initially populate the local caches. Each

regional seed database contains the top URLs from that region

Ref : https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-4123

Regards,

Ameya

L5 Sessionator

If url-cloud choose APAC regino

Dose PA Device perform update or searching on APAC URL Cloud?

Firewall would be identifying the Most Responsive Clod Server by default.

There are debug commands available for setting up a static Cloud servers.

Any hints on when a seed database will be available for EMEA aswell (or just Europe for that matter)?

L5 Sessionator

Hi SilverTiger,

As Ameya mentioned above, the seed database download is merely a list of the most popular URLs in that region, which we will use to partially populate your device cache.  Theoretically, you can choose any region you'd like, but if you choose a region that is different from yours, you may be populating your cache with entries that are irrelevant to your network traffic.  Unused cache entries will eventually be pushed out in favor of more recently accessed URLs in the event that your cache reaches capacity.  Additionally, your choice of region does not affect any future lookups - in fact, whenever the device needs to connect to the PAN-DB server, it will always connect to the fastest responding server.  In most cases, this should be the closest one to you physically, but this system helps in the event that the physically closest server is not responding quickly.

Hope this helps,

Doris

Hi mikand,

There should already be a seed database for EMEA available.  We will add additional seed databases as we add language support to PAN-DB.

--Doris

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!