Which version to use 7.0.3 or 6.1.8 for PA200.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Which version to use 7.0.3 or 6.1.8 for PA200.

L3 Networker

I am running 7.0.3 on PA200 and found 6.1.8 was released after 7.0.3. Is 6.1.8 upgrade to 7.0.3 or is it for people running 6.1.x

only.

3 REPLIES 3

L2 Linker

Hi Inderjit,

Those are different releases on two different versions of PanOS. Under normal circumstances, we add features and optimization to the major release (6.0, 6.1, 7.0 etc), and the minor releases usually carry bug fixes for the earlier seen problems on that version. If you are already on 7.0.3, then there is no real requirement to downgrade your device back 6.1.8, unless specifically advised by a TAC engineer to do so to troubleshoot or work around an issue.

Please let me know if you have any doubts.

HTH.

Warm Regards,

Kamalesh R

Warm Regards,
Kamalesh Rangasayee, CNSE-6, 8.1, Staff TSE
Palo Alto Networks® | De Entrée 99-197 | Amsterdam, 1101HE , The Netherlands
Shift: Monday - Friday / 08:00 AM – 05:00 PM CEST
Support Contact: US: (866) 898-9087, Outside the US: +1-408-738-7799
https://support.paloaltonetworks.com

I have previously seen a table with recommended versions for each majorversion along with each hardware.

Like 7.0.3 is not recommended by TAC due to case x, y and z. Which also means unless you use the features described by x, y or z you should be fine to update to 7.0.3.

Is that DOC publically available and what its url?

L3 Networker

7.0.3 running great here on a PA-200 doing hybrid L2/L3 with SSL decryption, (brightcloud) URL filtering and threat detection.

My last crash is ages ago (6.0 I think) 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!