GP and 2 new ip portals

Announcements

ATTENTION Customers, All Partners and Employees: The Customer Support Portal (CSP) will be undergoing maintenance and unavailable on Saturday, November 7, 2020, from 11 am to 11 pm PST. Please read our blog for more information.

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

GP and 2 new ip portals

So I have added 2 new isp's with dedicated connections for gp.

With 200 plus users and they aren't savy, how does one push the new ip's to  the end point so it's in their list?
I did not find a the gp ip portal list in the registry.

Nor some other file that gp uses so where is it storing the ip list it displays to end users?

Thank

pa3220, gp 5.1.3

Tags (5)
Highlighted
L3 Networker

Hi @PA200-1 ,

You will find the portal settings in Windows Registry, go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Palo Alto Networks\GlobalProtect\PanSetup\.

or the user will have to enter the new portal ip addresses manually and then choose where to connect.

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

Thank you however that only lists the last connection.

I currently have 4 portals listed in GP.

The reg entry doesn't contain that info.

Highlighted
L3 Networker

Hi @PA200-1,

you can add up to 5 portal addresses check this, Step 2 and Step 3 are what you need:

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/globalprotect/10-0/globalprotect-admin/globalprotect-apps/deploy-a...

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

i did step 2 and 3.

rebooted the end users pc.

no change.

i listed 4 portals and ips.

and AlwaysShowPortal.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!