VPN Configured. Android devices can connect, GP-Windows NOT.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

VPN Configured. Android devices can connect, GP-Windows NOT.

L1 Bithead

Hello,

Here are rare trouble. I just configured a new VPN Portal and GlobalProtect inside PaloAlto 3220 FW. I can perfectly connect using Android devices without GP client (Direct on Android VPN config) but I can't connect using a windows machine with GlobalProtect Client.

Test made on Windows:

1.- I can connect to the Portal (Internet Browser) using the direct domain https://vpn.domain.com, insert credentials and I have the page with the GlobalProtect clients downloads. NO Certificate error, all ok.

2.- On the same windows machine (with GP installed), I insert the vpn.domain.com and the client starts trying to connect... ansk for my credentials and accept without errors... trying and trying... NO errors apearing...

3.- On the FW logs I can see the tries with my credentials ok, but no connections made.

With Android all working FINE...

Can anybody give me a hint to see what is happening?

thanks

JuanLuis

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

SOLVED!!

Was a misconfiguration from me. I wrote incorrectly the external gateway name... Just was missing a "n" on the name".

Sorry about that to all the people that tried to help me.

Regards

JuanLuis

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L2 Linker

Try using different GP client version. 

Tested with different versions 4.x and 5.x no results.

With the VPN client on Samsung I can connect, with GP in Windows not.

Rare things....

Thanks,.

L4 Transporter

Do you have a separate agent configs for your portal and gateway for each OS, or are you doing one with "any" OS?

If separate, does your portal agent config for Windows OS point include include the correct gateway(s) in the External tab?

Hello and Thanks,

My configuration is for all the OS, No config for specific OS:

JuanLuisMudarra_0-1590573992827.png

JuanLuis

SOLVED!!

Was a misconfiguration from me. I wrote incorrectly the external gateway name... Just was missing a "n" on the name".

Sorry about that to all the people that tried to help me.

Regards

JuanLuis

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!