How to monitor pa firewall packets rate via snmp ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to monitor pa firewall packets rate via snmp ?

L2 Linker

Hi Everyone,

I would like to get the pa firewall packets rate via snmp monitor, however I can not find any snmp-mib description about it.

I lookup paloalto networks Enterprise SNMP MIB Files for PANOS 10.0 & 10.1, but no any finding.

Is it possible to get pa firewall packets rate via snmp mib ?  or not ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Joy Liu

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for posting question @JoyLiu0331

There is no specific MIB for Packets per Second. The closest one I can think of is either Connections per Second or standard IF-MIB:

ifHCInUcastPkts
.1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.7.<ifindex>

ifHCOutUcastPkts
.1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.11.<ifindex>

If you have Panorama in your environment, you can get this information from: Panorama > Managed Devices > Health > [Name of the Firewall]

PavelK_0-1632895344005.png

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!