Intermittent inet connectivity after updating to 10.2.8-h3

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Intermittent inet connectivity after updating to 10.2.8-h3

L0 Member

We're currently running on 10.2.3-h9 (PA-440's in HA pair Active/Passive) with remediation steps put in place for CVE-2024-3400 and Telemetry disabled. 

We attempted to migrate to 10.2.8-h3 as it is listed as a preferred release and fix for the CVE as listed by PA. The update process went as expected and everything appeared to be completely functional. After approximately 20-25 minutes of run time, we started experiencing intermittent internet connectivity. Some users were fine, others were not despite being on the same subnet space. After troubleshooting for a while with no identifiable cause, it was decided to move to 10.2.9-h1 and try again. Same results. Sporadic, intermittent internet access. 

We then rolled back to 10.2.3-h9 and no more issues. Has anyone seen this issue on either of those OS releases?

3 REPLIES 3

L1 Bithead

I can see that Palo Alto put 10.2.8-h3 as preferred, but I have seen several problems with this version. If your PA is an 800 series you should be fine with 10.2.7-h8.

If you already installed a more stable version that worked for you I would like to know what it is. Thanks

L2 Linker

Hello,

When you had experienced intermittent issues on the two previous versions (10.2.8-h3 and 10.2.9-h1) did you get a chance to open a support case in order to have TAC troubleshoot to see if they could find an underlying cause for the intermittent connectivity issues? 

Customer Success Engineer, NGFW

L1 Bithead
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!