PA-3260 HA firewalls flapping - Dataplane restarts, PanOS-10.2.5

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA-3260 HA firewalls flapping - Dataplane restarts, PanOS-10.2.5

L3 Networker

Hello Experts

We have a pair of HA PA-3260 firewalls and we are running into issues of multiple random dataplane restarts causing HA failover. We were initially on 10.2.4-h2 and after facing the issue with random restarts decided to upgrade to the 10.2.5 release.

From the below article, this should have been resolved in 10.2.5. Still, we are having issues and can see in the system logs:

HA Group 1: Dataplane is down: path monitor failure
9: dp0-path_monitor HB failures seen, triggering HA DP down
dp0-path_monitor: Exited 1 times, must be manually recovered.
dp0-path_monitor: exiting because service missed too many heartbeats
Internal packet path monitoring failure, restarting dataplane

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA14u000000HCcXCAW

>> debug dataplane internal pdt bcm show port status, from both HA Pair shows:
xe8 up 10G FD SW Yes Disable TX RX None D KR 163
xe8 up 10G FD SW Yes Disable TX RX None D KR 16360

As we are aware that PA-3200 series are susceptible to these issues and as per Palo article we have already upgraded to 10.2.5 still we are having these issues.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#PANOS-10.2.5 

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Good Day.

I think that you should continue to stick with PANW support and let them know their fix in 10.2.5 is not working.  Perhaps there is something else.  For me, I am already up to 10.2.6, and have not experienced these issues.  I would continue to follow TAC's and Engineering's lead/recommendations.  

Let us know what else we are able to do, to support you.

Good Luck.

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

L4 Transporter

Have you resolved the issue?

L4 Transporter

I have similar issue as well. Is this configuration issue or hardware issue?

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!