ION9000 Bandwidth Test

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

ION9000 Bandwidth Test

L1 Bithead

I have some ION 9000s deployed in branches and have just brought up basic connectivity (no tunnels etc). I trying to run the bw-test command to see what the internet circuits look like but the command isn't giving me any real details. (see below). Currently all on 5.6.1-b18.

Interface 1 is the internet facing interface. Traffic to internet is functional and the controller interfaces are all talking to cloud management NAT'd through the ION.

Is this a bug in this code release? Am i missing something in the debug or configuration? It looks like it should be pretty straight forward but this test command seems to be giving useless results.

debug bw-test src-interface 1 destination=pcm.cgnx.net
Press CTR+C to stop.
Units of downlink and uplink capacity measurement are Mbps.
capacity_uplink 0.000000read entry not available. go with default

Final Downlink capacity estimate: 0.00
-------------------------------------------------
Downlink percentage loss: 0.00
Downlink Jitter: 0.00 ms
-----------------------------------------

Final Uplink capacity estimate: 0.00
-------------------------------------------------
Uplink rtt: 69.78 ms
Uplink Percentage Loss: 0.00
Uplink Jitter: 1.26 ms
----------------------------------------

Prisma SD-WAN

1 REPLY 1

L2 Linker

Hi Jon,

The command you used may not help you with appropriate data, it has multiple factors involved in it, and sometimes results are unexpected. You can raise a TAC case and request them to share BW results from device backend access. Backend command is 

#speedtest-cli --source <INT interface ip address>

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!