Vulnerability protection

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Vulnerability protection

L2 Linker

I am going to activate a profile with vulnerability protection enabled.

I have many rules without TP profile that I need to enable, but I want to know if the firewall can handle them.

What is the best way to calculate how much CPU load the TP adds to the firewall? I need to be sure that I don't exceed the firewall's limit.

At the moment, the CPU load peaks at 50% during working hours.

According to best practice, what is the CPU load that we must not exceed?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Hello @Charlie80 

Hello, if here you will not have that problem, to apply the security profiles in all your policies.

The alarming CPU usage of the dataplane, in average and/or in peak hours would be when it is at 75% or 80%, and if the average is higher than that, it is time to pay some attention to the firewalls.

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClRTCA0#:~:text=Many%20cor....

Regards

High Sticker

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hello @Charlie80 

Hello, if here you will not have that problem, to apply the security profiles in all your policies.

The alarming CPU usage of the dataplane, in average and/or in peak hours would be when it is at 75% or 80%, and if the average is higher than that, it is time to pay some attention to the firewalls.

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClRTCA0#:~:text=Many%20cor....

Regards

High Sticker

Thanks for tips

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!