Is there a VM-Series Next-Generation Firewall (Bundle 2 BYOL) Solution in Azure

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Is there a VM-Series Next-Generation Firewall (Bundle 2 BYOL) Solution in Azure

L1 Bithead

I've purchased 2 licenses for VM-100 series Firewall.  Is there a BYOL template/solution to deploy these behind an APPGW and in Front of an LB or do I need to just Build everything out individually?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

L5 Sessionator

you don't have to build the template from scratch. you can leverage the app gateway template we provide and change the firewall model to BYOL

https://github.com/PaloAltoNetworks/azure-applicationgateway

I'm actually not sure this will work for me after looking into it further.  The challenge is I have multiple publicly available sites/resources...the bulk of which are 80/443 based, and since the AppGateway can only support a single public IP address I don't think this will work for me.

Are there any other options?

Maybe you can consider URL path based redirection for the Azure App Gateway

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/application-gateway/tutorial-url-redirect-powershell

That may work....but I don't have a high degree of confidence as we have some proprietary webapps running and not sure if they will work over non-standard ports.

If this won't work are there any other options that could work?

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!