Second Public IP for VM-300 hosted in Azure

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Second Public IP for VM-300 hosted in Azure

L1 Bithead

Hi everyone,

our PAN NIC in Azure looks like this Primary IP: 192.168.1.4/1.1.1.1 Secondary IP: 192.168.1.8/1.1.1.2.

On the Vm-300 interface eth1/1 (outside) recieves 192.168.1.4 via DHCP which is working fine. But how do I map the secondary IP? 

In this KB https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClDBCA0  it says 

"For each public IP assigned to an interface, Microsoft Azure also assigns a private IP to the VM-Series interface. When the first public IP (i.e. primary public IP) is configured on the interface, the firewall gets the equivalent private IP via DHCP. Any additional, i.e. secondary, public IP (or private IP) assigned to a VM-Series interface must be manually configured as static IP addresses inside VM-Series on the corresponding interface."

But since eth1/1 ist already configured as a DHCP Client, I cant't simply add a second static ip on that interface. What am I missing?

Thank you in advance for your help

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

The IP address should defined as a static IP in Azure. You can add multiple secondary IPs (static) as well. All of them can have a public IP.

On the firewall, configure the IPs as static. The primary IP should have the matching netmask (e.g. /24), but the secondary IPs should be listed with /32.

Now

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

The IP address should defined as a static IP in Azure. You can add multiple secondary IPs (static) as well. All of them can have a public IP.

On the firewall, configure the IPs as static. The primary IP should have the matching netmask (e.g. /24), but the secondary IPs should be listed with /32.

Now

@JoergSchuetter That did the trick. Thank you!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!